Thursday, November 02, 2006

37 1/2 weeks!!

I can't believe I haven't written in 2 weeks. Things are going pretty well. I've had 2 dr. appointments since my last post. The first one, she checked my girl part for Strep B which can be fatal to the baby if I had it. It came back negative. Then she checked my cervix. I was dilated to a 1 and 40% effaced (how thin the cervix is). She said that was pretty normal. With my last appointment, I'm still 1cm and now I'm 50% effaced. The baby is head down also. A couple of women have told me that they were 0 cm when they went into labor. I've been told I won't last 3 more weeks. I hope that's true! I've been feeling a lot of pressure down there. It feels like the baby is ramming his head into my crotch! I've been getting sharp pains but no contractions yet. My back has been killing me. On our last appointment (on Monday), Tyson and I got our flu shots. The next day, I woke up feeling sick. I threw up so I called into work. I ended up puking the whole day! I puked 12 times! It was so miserable. I quadrupled my puking rate of my whole pregnancy in one day. It lasted one day but I took the next day off too because I was so worn out and tired. So this week has been short for me! My next appointment is on Monday. I can't believe how fast things are coming. We have the baby's room all ready. Tyson's mom took me crib shopping. We got a nice crib/mattress and a cute bedding set. All we need is a carseat. I borrowed a swing today from a coworker. It's a really nice one. I know I've said this before, but babies need a lot of stuff! I'm really really looking forward to getting him here. He's killing me!!
Well, only 17 more days! I can't wait!

0 comments: