Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas!



I hope everyone had a great Christmas. It was Lawson's first. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning in Idaho Falls at my parents' house. Lawson slept through all the present opening. We left late morning and drove to Salt Lake to Tyson's dad's house. It was a fun day. Lawson was pretty good. My mom got me the MOST amazing book ever! It's called On Becoming Babywise--giving your infant the gift of nighttime sleep. It's AWSOME!! I read 1/2 of it on the way down from IF to SL. It basically talks about getting your baby on a schedule and helping him sleep through the night. That night Lawson slept from midnight to 6:30am! Last night he slept from 10:30 to 5:15!!!! It's a miracle! It's the first full night's sleep I've gotten in 5 weeks! The main point of the book was saying that for the first weeks of life, the baby should be on a 2 1/2 to 3 hour schedule. It should go: feed, waketime, naptime-- in that order. People generally get the last 2 steps mixed up where they feed their baby and then put them down for a nap. Once you get that schedule down during the day, the baby should sleep through the night. So the book is pretty much the best thing I've ever gotten! I just hope it keeps working. Lawson seems a lot happier when he's awake too. He's so dang cute!
I go back to work on Tuesday. I'm really not looking forward to leaving Lawson. I've really enjoyed being home and not having really anything to worry about but him. It's definitely been a full-time job but better! Tyson will be home this semester. He's taking 2 online classes and then he'll graduate. It'll be good bonding time for the 2 of them.
Well, things are going really well right now. Better than ever! It's time for me to go wake baby up and feed him. Gotta go! :)

0 comments: