Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

For the past week I've been up here in Idaho "teenager-sitting" my 3 younger siblings while my parents enjoy themselves on a warm cruise in the Carribean. Today when I woke up I was surprised to see this sign and have the familyroom/kitchen decorated with streamers and balloons. My brother, Landon who is 15 did it all! How cute is that! It was the start of a wonderful day!
After the kids got home from school, Ethan who is 18, came bringing in a cake and ice cream for me. Again, how cute is that?!
Abbie (she's 13) was in charge of presents. I got a gift card from the 3 kids and Devin (my 23 year old bro) and his wife, Missy also got me a gift card. My mom got me this cute "Spring" decoration (they're blocks). She also got me lotion and a candle warming thing that you add blocks of wax to-- I'm way excited about that. I got a card from my parents with money in it too!! My mom works at this cute craft place where she gets paid by product. She's been saving her hours for me for my birthday so I can go and pick some things out. I'm going tomorrow to see what I can find!
Then we went to Johnny Carino's -- my favorite Italian place-- for dinner. We even got free ice cream! (From left to right: Lawson, Me, Abbie, Ethan, Landon, Devin, and Missy)

Then we came home and had cake and ice cream. Ethan got himself some ice cream and started eating it. Lawson saw and started following Ethan around. Ethan just kept walking around the room and Lawson just kept following. It was soooooo funny! Eventually Ethan gave him a few bites as you can see by the picture! It was an awesome day for me. Thanks to all for the emails and calls and thanks to my family for the wonderful presents and fun time! I've got a wonderful family and friends! PS I'm 26 now! I'm closer to 30 than 20 now-- freaky! THAT'S SO STINKIN' OLD!!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What cute sibs you have :) And I can't believe Abbie is 13. I remember when she was a cute, sassy little toddler!!

Turning 26 was weird for me, too....the whole "closer to 30" thing. Ugh.

Anna said...

Happy Happy birthday lady! It looks like you had a great day!! When I get back from Puerto Rico we will do lunch!

Justina Selim said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a fun one! Your siblings are so nice! Hurry home, we need to do something! It has been so nice this week, we have gone to the park almost everyday! Lawson and Aiden would have so much fun together!