Thursday, September 21, 2006

Prenatal Class!

Tonight was our first Prenatal Class! It was interesting. One thing I thought was cool was she showed a poster of a diagram of a pregnant woman's insides and then a nonpregnant woman's insides. In the pregnant woman, her intestines are pushed all the way up to her rib cage! It showed how the bladder is flattened and how the lungs are pushed up also. That's why I have to pee all the time and why I can't breath!:) She talked about when it's time to come to the hospital. She said when your contractions are 3 minutes apart and that they're lasting for 60 seconds. She said just because you're having contractions doesn't mean you're in labor. The definition of labor is when the cervix is changing. I thought that was interesting. You could have contractions for a few days and not be in labor. She said typically with your first baby, you're in labor an average of 14 hours! I'm not looking forward to all the waiting. The actual pushing part takes about 1/2 hour to 2 hours of that 14. Everything she talked about was very informative. We did a little breathing/relaxation part at the end. It was really nice. I look forward to the next class. There's 8 of us girls with our husbands. They're all due between the middle of October to the middle of November. I think I'm the latest one that's due. Anyway, it was fun and interesting. We got some books to read with lots of information. I look forward to reading those. My dr. appointment is on Monday so I'll probably post again then. Things are great!

0 comments: