Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Road to Birth

The Road to Birth
Ok, it works. Well, I'm keeping this blog to remember my last few weeks of pregnancy and then the miracle of birth! I'm at 29 of 40 weeks of pregnancy. We are having a boy. We don't have any names yet and I get kinda sick of people asking all the time. It's kinda like when you first get married everyone cleverly asks, "How's married life?" like they're the first ones to think of asking that. Anyway, we have a few floating around but nothing solid yet. What we've got is: Carter, Cooper, Doman (Tyson's pick-- after a football player of course), James (Tyson's pick again -- after his dad), and I kinda like Curtis. I like Campbell but I'm going to save that for another child. It seems like all of my names start with "C". I never noticed that before. I don't want to be one of those families that have kids with all the same beginning letter or with names that rhyme. No offense to anyone out there who does, it's just not for me.

As for physicalness of pregnancy right now-- I've gained about 20-25 pounds so far. My belly is getting bigger and bigger. It's getting harder to breath also. I get up at least once a night to go pee so I haven't really had a good night's sleep for awhile. I guess I should get used to that though. I found out I have shingles right now. I'm taking medication for it. It's pretty much chicken pox for adults. It only affects the waist area and itches like crazy! They're starting to go away and I'm so glad. My energy comes and goes. I usually have more energy on the weekends when I'm not working. I'm so exhausted by the time I get home from work I don't feel like doing anything. Poor Tyson doesn't get regular meals! I have my next doctor appointment next week. I've been going every 4 weeks and now after this appointment, I'll be going every 2 weeks! I can't believe I'm at that point now! It's really gone by fast. I think it's because I'm working so I have something to keep me busy. I feel the baby move around a lot. It's fun to lay down and watch my belly move. Sometimes he goes crazy and just kicks and moves around for quite a few seconds in a row. I feel like a punching bag sometimes! I think he's going to be a really active boy and will keep me busy!

Emotionally I've been ok. Last weekend is a different story though. I cried at the drop of a hat and just felt depressed for no reason at all. It was weird and frustrating. I feel more annoyed by people. Little things bug me. I'm kind of getting over that. It was more at the beginning that I felt that way. It felt like constant PMS! I'm sure post-partum will be hard on me too. The things we have to go through. I hear it's all worth it!

Well, I think this is enough for now. I'm excited about this blog thing!

1 comments:

emily said...

It's going to be so fun reading your blog! Glad to hear you are doing well-I can't wait to see what you name your child. I miss ya!