Friday, February 29, 2008

Some of my Idaho highlights...

When we went to Carino's, Ethan ordered Calamari (octopus). He wanted to appear like he had a squid in his mouth. He has said some hilarious stuff since I've been here. One night I made dinner, which included vegetables. I told them to all eat their vegetables (very motherly, I know). Ethan, very seriously, said, "Didn't mom tell you I'm allergic to vegetables? I break out in healthiness." On the way home from the restaurant last night, he was sitting in the front and was changing the radio stations. He changed it to Classical and said it was his favorite. He said, "I can feel myself getting smarter." It's more in the way he says things that's so funny. He's a funny kid!
Landon has been so cute with Lawson. We've been trying to get him to say "Landon" but it comes out "Nana." We've also tried to teach him "Abbie" but it comes out "Daddy." So we've got Uncle Nana and Aunt Daddy. Ethan and Abbie have had colds so Landon decided he didn't want to get sick. He told us he's been taking Ibprofen for the last week so he wouldn't get sick and he hasn't! Who would have thought! haha!
Missy and I are going shopping today at Real Deals (the place my mom works) to get some real deals-- or Idahoans would say "Rill Dills." Tyson has had to ween me from my poor pronounciation. A guy I once dated said that every time I got around my family I had a bit of a drawl that would come out. I always thought that was cool! Tyson has trained me otherwise. :) Abbie is in the background. She was sick when Lawson and I first got here. Now I AM sick! I've been sick this whole week-- stuffy nose and ears, cough, achy. Dang her!
Devin is my big little brother (he's about 6'2"). My mom, Missy, and I are always talking about dieting and losing weight and different things like that. Devin used to eat like 5 burritos for lunch everyday. He cut down to 1 or 2 and lost like 20 lbs. So when we start on our diet talking he tells us just to go on his "Burrito Diet." If it were only that easy...
Lawson LOVES to explore. We have to baby proof Grandma and Grandpa's house when we come and this is what we rigged up this time (they're rubberbands). It's not that he really pulls stuff out of the cupboards-- he just likes to bang them open and closed-A LOT!

2 comments:

The Evers said...

Oh I miss my little big cousins!!! Happy late birthday, I am such a jerk!

Justina Selim said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you are having fun! Are you back yet? I can't remember how long you said you were staying.