Monday, April 28, 2008

Lawson's first zoo visit...


On Saturday, I was reading some friends' blogs and saw that they had gone to the zoo. We decided that since it was such a beautiful day and Tyson is done with school, that we would go up to Salt Lake and see the animals! We decided to buy a family membership, which lets you get into a bunch of different zoos all over the country. We are taking a trip to Texas this summer again and the membership will get us into a lot of zoos that we will be close to.

Auntie Cicily and Lawson in front of the cougar! Go BYU!

I guess I haven't been to the zoo in awhile, but I don't think I've ever seen turkeys at a zoo before.

Dad and Lawson looking at the monkeys. They were so cute!
We rented a wagon cuz we thought Lawson would like to ride around in it. Turns out, he was a little scared of it and screamed. Cicily sat in it with him (good thing she's little!) and he was fine!
There was a white alligator, which is not albino because their eyes are a normal color and albino's eyes are pink. The white alligator can't be in the sun or it gets sunburned. Who knew!?
Lawson looking at the elephants. Lawson's growing out a rattail. When it gets long enough I'll braid it! haha! There was a boy in my 1st grade class named Ethan who had a long rattail that went to the middle of his back. His mom would braid it and put beads on it. Sometimes he would come with it crimped. Sweet!
The giraffes. They were so cool.
It was a really nice day. It was a little breezy but very sunny. I love spring and summer! It was nice to get out as a family and do something together. We had fun with Cicily coming also. She's always a great help with Lawson.


2 comments:

Justina Selim said...

Fun zoo trip! Your hair looks so good! I love it!

K'Lyn said...

Courtney hasn't been to a zoo since she was little and I have never been to Hoggle Zoo - I don't even know how to spell it. I think you passed on the zoo trip desire to us. Thanks!