Wednesday, July 16, 2008

American Idol...

For Mothers' Day, Tyson surprised me with a ticket to the American Idol concert this summer. We decided to get my mom one too and all the kids pitched in to buy her ticket. Last night was the concert and it was so fun! We sat in the nosebleed section of the E Center (in West Valley) but it was still a good show. We couldn't believe how loud it was when David Archuletta came out. I thought my ears were going to bleed from all the noise! Girls of all ages were screaming their heads off! They had each of the top 10 contestants sing 3 songs each (both Davids sang 4 songs each) and then all 10 sang a song together at the end. Everyone did a great job and it was fun to get out and have a girls' night out! I took tons of pics so I will post them soon (as well as our TX pics too-- I'm a slacker I know!)

The night before the concert, Tyson and I were able to stay at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake. Tyson's dad won the "Teacher Feature" award from KSL and part of the award was a free night's stay at the Inn. He's a single guy so he gave the certificate to us! It was sooooo nice to have a night to ourselves and to have breakfast in bed as well as sleeping-in! My mom took Lawson overnight at my grandma and grandpa's house. We stayed in the "Room with a View." It wasn't a themed room, it just had an amazing view of the city. It had a King-Sized bed and a shower with 5 shower heads also a huge flat screened tv!! To see pics, visit this website: http://www.anniversaryinn.com/rooms.php?room=79 Anyway, we've had a great last few days. I'll post pics soon.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

That is awesome that you got to go to the concert! It must have been a blast! And the anniversary inn must have been fun as well. When are we going to start up walking group again?? The end of August or something? Well, ttyl