Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Just Some Random Stuff...

I just wanted to record a few things. So we've been teaching Lawson (will be 2 in November) about his "parts" hoping he'll start to become interested in potty training. He knows what comes out of his "wee wee" which is usually responded with "pee pee." The other day we were in the car with Tim and Cicily (Tyson's siblings) and I was asking Lawson what comes out of his wee wee he responded with "pop." If only! We'd be rich! Ha ha that's gross. It was pretty funny to say the least. He's learning his colors and knows how to say, "yellow", "red", "blue" (of course!), "pink", "white", "purple", "orange", and "green." He can recognize a few of them. Today was his first day of Joy School! There's 4 of us moms that are doing it. We each take a week (on Tue/Thurs) each month and host the Joy School. There's a boy about 8 months older than Lawson, a boy 4 months younger, and a little girl 3 months older, so they're all about the same age. It still amazes me how much of a difference just a few months makes with learning and comprehending and all that. Today was the first time the little girl met Lawson and one of the other boys so I think she felt like she had to stand her ground a little. Lawson kept trying to kiss and hug her and she kept pushing him away. It was pretty funny. Lawson has a hard time sharing his toys, so we'll have to work on that one. We learned about the letter "C" today. I had a bag of things that started with the letter "C" (car, crackers, crayon, cup, and a stuffed caterpillar) and had each one of them choose something out of the bag and then we talked about each thing. Then we had Crackers, Cookies, and Carrots for a snack. Then we Colored pictures. They had some freeplay time too and then they watched about 15 minutes of Dora while they waited for their moms to come get them. It was really fun and went really fast! I think once all the kids get used to being all together each week, it should go a little smoother. It was great!

Tyson is back in school now. He started a week before BYU did. He's taking 12 credits right now and working 20 hours a week. He's at his old job he had during his undergrad. He's enjoying his bishopric calling in the BYU singles' ward. We pretty much just had an entire ward turnover with the ending of the summer, which will be good I guess. I'm sure it's tough for the bishopric to try and learn who everyone is and extend callings and all that. Anyway, Tyson is doing good.

I am doing pretty well myself. Although I did puke on Saturday for the first time this pregnancy. It was weird and I've felt fine ever since. I'm still pretty tired most of the time and feel like an old lady who has to take a nap everyday. Heck, there's a human growing inside of me, I should be tired! The house has been a little neglected. I have a huge "to do" list that I have yet to get to. My goal is to cross one thing off a day unless I have Joy School, then that's my thing "to do."

Well, Tyson is bugging me to cut his hair so I'll post more later!

3 comments:

Justina Selim said...

I love the joy school thing too! Aiden is having so much fun and he still remembers the letter C from your lesson!

the Arpkes said...

Hey Sara! I found you! I got your message on facebook but I just haven't found the time to respond. Congrats on your 2nd pregnancy!I swear each one makes you a little more tired. Wow your sons name is Lawson, and I have a Dawson. Well Im glad we will be able to keep in touch. visit me at thearpkes.blogspot.com
JoDee

Tracy said...

Hey!! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Things have been a little hectic getting ready for the baby. I'm so excited you found me! I'll have to add you to my blog list so I can keep up to date on what you are up to. So I am going in for a c-section tomorrow!! crazy huh?