Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ultrasound News!

So we had our ultrasound today and found out we're having a GIRL!! I'm actually really surprised. When I first found out I was pregnant I felt like it was a girl but Tyson thought it was just wishful thinking and made me question my "motherly intuition." So I really had no idea what it was. I knew Lawson would be a boy, so I shouldn't have questioned myself. Anyway, I'm really pumped and can't wait to see what she looks like. Everything looks normal and healthy. The baby is about 5 ish days bigger than my estimated due date but the ultrasound lady said just to keep my due date at February 19th. Lawson was measuring about 2 days bigger and was still born on his due date that was given by the doctor. So we'll see eventually! My mom was able to come down and be here for it and we brought Lawson too. Lawson was a little interested at first but then got bored. I'm pretty sure he had no idea what was going on. When I ask him where mom's baby is he'll point to my stomach but I'm sure he doesn't know what that really means.

I've been having a little bit of cramping on my left side so she checked that out and said everything looked normal and that it's probably just my ligaments stretching. This morning I was laying in bed and felt a little kick. I wasn't sure if it was the baby or not but a few minutes later I felt it again and again and again. So today is officially the first day I've felt her move and I can actually feel her moving right now. It's a cool feeling.

I'm grateful to be a mom and so excited to bring a new spirit down here and can't wait until she's here!

8 comments:

Sarah Steele said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to start making you something pink and girly!!!! Unless you don't want pink...let me know! Also, Elder Aina is in my ward now...weird!!!!! Love you and congrats!

Justina Selim said...

So fun that you are having a girl! I love when you first start to feel the baby move! That's the best because towards the end it is uncomfortable when they move, haha!

Keith and Nicci said...

Congrats - now you can go shopping for some fun new stuff!

Melanie said...

Yay! How exciting!

the Arpkes said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! How fun to have one of each. Now if you choose to have more after this, the pressure is off! Good luck with everything!

J said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Girls are so fun! At least for the past week that I've had one!!

K'Lyn said...

Hooray! You will love having one of each. It really helps solidify the idea that boys and girls are wired completely differently and keeps perspective in marriage better.

just jason said...

YAY!!!! a cute freakin girl!!! how exciting. congrats on that:) that is so much fun...and i can't wait to know what her name is going to be:) ha ha ha...