Sunday, December 07, 2008

Should I be offended?

About three weeks ago I went to an activity where I met some new people. I was telling a girl that I was pregnant and she told me she couldn't tell and that if I hadn't of told her, she wouldn't have guessed! Ok, so I felt huge then but then yesterday I went to another activity and talked with some girls I haven't seen for a few weeks. To me (and Tyson), I feel like I'm definitely showing. A couple of the girls yesterday said they didn't know I was pregnant and said I hid it well. So before pregnancy, was I this fat? :) Today at church, the 1st Counselor's wife, who I haven't seen for about a month, said I was getting so big and that I looked cute. Funny as it is, I wasn't offended by that but telling me you can't tell I look pregnant when I clearly look pregnant kinda makes me feel weird. I'm not offended by any means-- I just think it's interesting that when you're clearly pregnant, people try to make you feel good by saying you don't look pregnant. On the other hand, I'd rather have that then someone ask when my baby is due and not being pregnant. What are your feelings on the matter?

10 comments:

BriAnna Jenkins said...

This is always the worst!!! It is so nice to have people ask when the baby is due so that you know that they know you're not just eating too much ice cream, but I am never brave enough to ask people (usually the people that come into work that I don't know) so I feel dumb not reciprocating the love, just in case. AHHHHH! If you figure out the perfect balance, let me know!!!!

Shirley said...

I completely agree! I had a ton of people at work who would say WOW you don't even look pregnant. It definitely makes you wonder how fat you must've been before. I would much rather hear, WOW you're only in your 6th month? You look like you're about to burst.

I think you look way cute and pregnant. Don't let those few comments get ya down. :)

Kristin said...

Oh man I'm already there! I'm showing more now at 5 months than I did with Ryanna at 6 or 7 months. It's kinda embarrassing if someone thinks I'm further along than I am but it is WAY worse when someone says I don't look pregnant. I think "Okay so you thought I had gained 20 pounds in the gut and that was normal??" Come on people! :) Hope you're feeling great.

Jessica Buck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You should totally make Tyson go see Twilight with you!!!

Justina Selim said...

Ya I would much rather have people say, cute baby bump. You look great girl!!

Natalie said...

I would have the same reaction you would have. Only I try to remember one thing: you probably don't look as big as you think you do. And you know your own body well enough that you notice the slightest weight gain while other people may not have looked at you close enough to see it. But I still agree with you. Especially lately when I've heard, "Oh, you don't look like you just had a baby." Um. Yes I do. :)

Tami Farrer said...

I feel the same I am afraid to ask. I think you are so showing that cute little tummy of yours. If anyone did see before when you lost all that weight they would know for sure that you were expecting.

Ruth Anne said...

No, I was 8 months pregnant and the bishop act surprised when I was said my pregnancy caused my "waddle".

He said he never assumes anymore after a bad experience.

Katie and Kaden said...

i would have to agree with you! i'm due this week and i'm still getting people telling me that and i think the biggest thing is that it gets old with people saying it. i've just come to realize to just smile and try to ignore and motivate myself to work off the extra weight gained after:)