Thursday, January 22, 2009

36 Weeks!

So I was 36 weeks yesterday. Today I had my first "cervix-checking" appointment. She says I'm dilated 2 cm but only 30% effaced (thickness of cervix). With your first one you usually dilate slower and get thinner faster. I think at about 36 weeks with Lawson I was at a 1 and like 80% effaced. With the babies after your first, you dilate faster and thin out slower. I didn't know that until today. She said the baby is still pretty high but that she's head down. I've forgotten how bad it hurts to get checked. She also did the strep B test where they swab you down there to make sure you don't have the virus. If you do you have to take something for it so the baby doesn't get it on the way out. So I'll probably find out the results next week. Tyson came with me to the appointment. He hasn't been able to come with me to any besides the first appointment and the ultrasound appointment. It was nice to have him there. My good friend, Justina, watched Lawson for us while we went. It was nice to have just the 2 of us. We went to lunch afterwards and had a good time (thanks, Justina!) Yesterday I'm pretty sure I had some contractions. It only lasted about an hour and they weren't too intense. I don't remember having early contractions with Lawson, but I might not have known what they were like until I was actually in labor-- if that makes sense. The doctor said when the contractions are about 5 minutes apart with your 2nd, then it's time to go to the hospital. Things usually go faster after your first one. I feel like I might have her a little early but I wouldn't put money on it. Maybe it's just wishful thinking and hoping! :) She's due February 19th-- less than a month away! Anyway, I will post a 36 week picture soon.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

That will be so fun if she is born on my b-day!!

Tracy said...

ps - if that happens, you are obviously obligated to name her Tracy.

Natalie said...

Maybe she'll come on Valentine's Day! :)