Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just Random Stuff

I have 19 more days!! It's slowly sinking in that I'm going to have 2 kids. Crazy! I had a doctor's appointment a couple of days ago. I'm still dilated to 2 cm. Last time she said just barely a 2 and now this time I'm definitely a 2. My cervix is still pretty thick-- about 50% and the baby is still really high-- she hasn't dropped down yet. We talked about getting induced. She said usually she won't induce until a week before at the earliest. For me, she wouldn't induce me at that point unless I was more effaced (thickness of cervix) or the baby had dropped down. I don't want to be induced early, as crazy as that might sound. I think we might set an appointment to be induced the day after my due date. She said she just delivered a baby who was still really high when she induced the mom and when the baby finally dropped she was turned a little bit so she was thinking the baby was stuck up high and couldn't drop down until intense labor. I hope she's not stuck. She's been moving around a lot but still right under my ribs. I have to push down on her for a minute sometimes until she moves because it's so uncomfortable and hard to breathe. I'm really looking forward to her getting here and my mom coming down and staying with us for a little while. I think I'm most anxious about when I will go into labor and hoping it's not in the middle of the night so we don't have to wake someone up for them to come stay with Lawson (that's if I go into labor early). My mom is coming down the day before my due date. Lawson was born right on his due date so I'm interested to see what this baby will do.

Speaking of Lawson. I have this stuff I put on my face at night that gets flaky as it dries and looks pretty gross. The other morning Lawson and I were sitting on the couch watching one of his shows. He looked at me and pointed at my face and made a disgusted face. I asked him what it was and he said, "beard." I didn't know he knew that word. So I said, "Does Dad have a beard?" He said, "No." So I said, "Does Lawson have a beard?" He said "No." Then I said, "Does Mom have a beard?" Without skipping a beat, he said, "Yes!" So apparently I have a beard. Ha Ha! He says some of the funniest things. It cracks me up!

I will post a picture next week of my Week 38. Stay tuned! :)

1 comments:

Justina Selim said...

HAha, love this the beard story! You can call us for sure if you go into labor early! I wouldn't mind at all!