Sunday, January 04, 2009

Some Funnies to Remember

I just wanted to record these funny things Lawson has done before I forget. For Christmas (I'm going to post pictures soon) we went to Idaho. On the Sunday we were up there, we took Lawson to nursery and the nursery lady brought him to me with a poopy diaper so I went and changed it. I took him back to nursery and not 10 minutes passed and she was bringing him back to me. She just opened the door to the Relief Society room and he came running in and then she left so I have no idea why she had brought him back. Anyway, Lawson came running in and saw my mom, who is in the RS presidency so she was sitting up front, and he yelled "Grandma!" and went running for her while someone was trying to give the lesson. Everyone laughed and I felt bad for interupting, so I took him out in the hall. Tyson had heard him so he came out and then just took Lawson home (there was only like 15 minutes left of church). It made my mom's day to have him run up to her like that. It was pretty funny.

Tonight he was sitting in his rocking chair that my dad had made for him for Christmas. He was rocking back and forth and the floor was squeaking. He giggled a little and said, "squeak." I have no idea where he learned that!

Today at church (we are still in a BYU singles' ward where Tyson is in the bishopric) we were in Sacrament meeting. Lawson calls everyone his friend. So there was a point where a speaker had said something funny and everyone was laughing. Lawson yelled, "Friends, quiet!" I think he needs to take his own advice on that one! :)

I made him a little fishing set with paper fish that have paperclips on them and a fishing pole made out of a pencil with string and a magnet. When he first started playing with it he had a little bit of hard time so I would say, "steady, steady." He thought that was funny so now he says it. Anyway, today at church we were taking the Sacrament and I gave him the cup of water. He took it and said, "steady, steady." It was pretty funny.

For Christmas, Santa got Lawson a thing called "Fridge Phonics" which is a little gadget that you put the letters in and it says what letter it is and what sound it makes. He's been playing with it a lot. The other day Tyson was asking him different letters and he knew all of them! I knew he knew like 2 or 3 letters but he now knows half the alphabet! It was quite surprising!

Lawson has been growing like a weed. He had his 2 year appointment like a month ago (yeah, it's been awhile with the updates) and he's a very healthy boy. He was 37.5 inches (100th percentile), 32 lbs. (90th percentile), and his head is 51 cm (95th percentile). I'm sure those numbers have changed by now. He's in 3T clothes (2T is almost too small) and he wears a size 9 shoe! He's a big boy! Tyson would say that's good for sports, especially football. :) All I know is that he goes through shoes like crazy because his feet grow so fast.

Well, that's enough for now. More to come with pics. I got the Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 for Christmas so I've been working on my scrapbook digitally! I love it. There's soooo much you can do with the pictures and pages that it's quite overwhelming. The part I love the most is that when I need to quit working on a page I just push save and I don't have to clean everything up and then try to figure out what I was doing the next time I want to work on it like I did with regular scrapbooking. Anyway, more later!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see some finished pages!! :) So, are you counting down the days yet?? It is coming up soon!

Shayla said...

hahaha so funny and cute!

Sam said...

I've been making my own templates, I've got 3 right now... I'll send them to you if you want. Anyway... Have a great day :)

Shirley said...

Lawson sounds so cute. That has to be the best age. I need to get a digital scrapbooker. I love scrapbooking, but all the work just makes me procrastinate. That will be so nice when you have two little kiddies. :)