Friday, January 23, 2009

WARNING: Not for the weak in stomach

Ok, so this may be too much information, so if you don't want to hear it, that's totally fine with me. I'm keeping this record more for me than anyone-- it's much easier than writing in a journal. Anyway, today I used the bathroom and found a large piece of mucous. It looked like a huge piece of snot about the size of my thumb. It didn't have blood in it and it felt a lot like slime. I called Tyson and he said it was probably my mucous plug (which is in between the baby and the cervix). He told me to call the doctor's office to make sure. So I talked to a nurse and she said the same thing. She said to be aware of any contractions or heavy bleeding and to go to the hospital if that occurs. I've been reading online about it and it says that losing your mucous plug doesn't nessecarily mean you'll go into labor right away. It could be hours, days, or weeks. Great, that's helpful! Tyson had me pack a bag just in case. I've been feeling fine today just really tired so we'll see what happens in the next few days. I'm wondering if with the doctor being up there yesterday checking my cervix if she loosened it or something. Who knows. Sorry if you think I'm gross for including this stuff but I've really liked going back and reading about my pregnancy with Lawson and all the details to compare and I'm sure I'll want to remember when this happened too. I'll keep ya all posted.

3 comments:

BriAnna Jenkins said...

That never happened to me!! I kept waiting for it too! Hopefully that means that you don't have to wait too much longer! =)

Shirley said...

I've heard of that happening. It sounds really worrisome though huh? At least it is helping you get more prepared. I hope you're feeling okay and the baby stays in a little bit longer.

Sara Anne said...

"it felt" like slime"....that's the gross part. haha your so funny! good luck the next few days! *I'm banking she's here BEFORE her due date on the 19th.