Friday, February 06, 2009

Another Baby Update...

So I just got back from the doctor appointment! I am dilated to a 3 now! My cervix is still pretty thick-- 50-60% effaced. She said that baby has dropped down a little. It is getting a little harder to walk. We talked about being induced and we set the date for Friday the 13th!!!! I'm so excited! She is putting me on the waiting list at the hospital for that day. I didn't know the protocol for being induced but I guess they put you on the list for the day you want and then they start making calls at 6am that morning to let you know when there is a bed available. I will be pretty low on the list because there is no "rush" for my situation (ie I'm not overdue or have complications). She said usually you won't have to wait later than 9am. So this time next week I should have a baby! YAY! She said that once my cervix thins out that I will be surprised how fast the delivery will go. So that's my update! I hope this week flies by. More updates to come...

6 comments:

Shirley said...

That is so exciting!!! So in a week you will be a mommy of two! And not be pregnant! I bet that is just as nice as having a new cute baby. :)

Natalie said...

I'm very excited for you! Hope everything goes well with the labor and delivery! :)

Heather said...

Good luck with everything! For me baby #2 was out WAY faster than #1 so I hope the same happens for you!

Justina Selim said...

Wow, Friday! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to meet her! I love being induced! :->

JC and Jena said...

Yay she's almost here!! Keep us updated!!

Melanie said...

Getting induced was no fun for me and then I had to have a c-section. Hope it's better for you.