Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bed Tent

We switched Lawson from his crib to a twin bed after my mom left to go back home after Kayla was born. He was doing pretty well staying in bed but lately has been getting out of bed in the middle of the night ready to start the day (at like 3am or 5am). It's getting way too exhausting for me so we've ordered a bed tent. When he figured out how to get out of his crib we got a crib tent, which I would have paid hundreds for. We all slept so much better with it. Anyway, they make them for twin beds, so I ordered one off of Walmart.com and I think he'll really like it. It will hopefully come tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully we will all get some more sleep. We still have the crib in his room with the tent on it so I was picturing someone walking into his room seeing the crib with a tent and Lawson's bed with a tent and thinking we cage our children in their beds. ha ha. Kayla is still in the bassinet and we put her in the livingroom at night. I'm going to wait a little while longer before moving her to Lawson's room to make sure she really is sleeping through the night.

A funny story. To preface, at night we put a gate up across Lawson's door so he can't get out of his room and shut the bathroom door and the gate we have across the doorway to the kitchen. I was supposed to do it this particular night and forgot. I was sound asleep and was startled awake by something freezing cold on my neck. I turned over and saw Lawson standing there with a cold pop in his hand. It was about 2 or 3 am and he had gotten out of bed, gone to the kitchen, opened the fridge, and had helped himself to getting a can of pop. He figured out he couldn't open it, so he came for me to open it for him. When I woke up he said, "Mom, pop!" It was such a funny and weird situation because I was so out of it. Anyway, so that's one of the reasons we're getting the tent! :)

3 comments:

Shirley said...

That is hilarious! I had to show Jared this post. I am sure the tent will make your life so much better!

Natalie said...

How funny! He must have been thirsty! :) I hope the bed tent works, that would get tiring. Let us know how things work with using it!

Justina Selim said...

How funny! I had no idea they made bed tents, haha. I want one for myself to keep the kids out, haha! With Aiden we threatened to take away morning cartoons if he got out of bed. It only took one morning of not watching them, ahha.