Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

We spent the 4th of July in Idaho Falls again this year. We had a wonderfully eventful weekend. Tyson's family came up also. It was so much fun. They came up the day before the 4th and we went to Big Jud's for dinner. It's a burger joint with ginormous hamburgers (1 lbs. of beef). If you eat a whole one by yourself, you get your picture taken and put up on the wall of fame. All of my siblings but one, including myself, have eaten a whole one! This time around, we all shared. There were 15 of us and we all shared 6 hamburgers and still had a little bit left over. On the wall of fame they now have a five-layer hamburger you can eat and have your picture taken. Is it just me, or is that disgusting? There was only one person's picture under that category. That night was the cul-de-sac firework show. Everyone pools their fireworks together for a fun show.
On the morning of the 4th we had breakfast with all of us at the church's pavillion. My parents made it for us. It was amazing! We had pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage. Makayla, Lawson, Mack, and Oliver all sported their cute festive outfits (pictures to come). Later that day, all the siblings went shooting out in the hills. Shooting scares me so I didn't go and I was dubbed the babysitter. That evening, we went to Devin and Missy's house (my bro and his wife) who live across the street from the IF temple, which is next to the Snake River, which is where they have the famous Idaho Falls firework show. We had a barbeque at their house and had tons of food, including way too much dessert, which I of course couldn't stop eating! After the food was cleaned up, out came the traditional water balloons. We had about 1200 balloons this year! Those who didn't want to participate, quickly went into the house and watched the chaos. Lawson was loving it and everyone who participated was soaked. Because Devin and Missy live so close to the firework location, we were able to get some pretty great seats. We set our camping chairs up 3 hours early in a great location and enjoyed the wonderful firework show. Supposedly 20 million dollars were spent on this show. They were spectacular and I love the music and narrative they have on the radio to go along with the show.
I'm grateful for our country and that I live in it at this time. I really take it for granted and don't know what it's like to not have the freedom I have but nonetheless, I'm truly thankful for it. I am especially grateful for a wonderful family to spend this life with (both Thompsons and Oblads). I have been so blessed!!
I will post pictures when we get back to Provo and I can get them on the computer. More to come...

0 comments: