Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lawson's Lastest....

I thought I'd write a little about what Lawson has been doing lately. First of all, just in the last few days it seems like he's been picking up so much. When he was about 7 months or so, we started trying to do sign language with him. We weren't too consistant with it so nothing really came of it. We still have been doing the signs for food, drink, and more. Well, it seems like all of a sudden he's been doing the signs and knows what they mean! It's so dang cute! Just the other day I had him in his high chair. He had just eaten and my back was towards him. He started yelling so I turned around to see what he was yelling about. I asked him what was wrong. He did the sign for more. I said, "what do you want more of?" He then did the sign for food. I said, "You're still hungry?" Then he nodded his head. It was soooooo cute! I just couldn't believe I was actually communicating with him, not to him! So he's been doing his signs. When we ask him if he wants to go bye-bye, he'll take our finger and walk us to the door. He takes Tyson's hand and puts it on the doorknob. He's just catching on so fast!

So those are a couple of the things he's been doing. I'll post more later.

2 comments:

BriAnna Jenkins said...

Look at your cute blog! I love it! So festive for Valentine's day! Lawson is so funny... we had fun playing with him the other night!

Justina Selim said...

That is so neat that you guys are doing the baby signs with him. I have a sister in law who is all about it and her kids do great with it. We thought about it, but never worked up the energy or motivation to go through with it. How fun though!