Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Back...

Tyson did an AWESOME job keeping track of all the goings-on. I thought he was just sitting on his computer looking at espn.com or something. :) He's been great. I just got done eating dinner. I really like the meals they have here. It's no 5 star restaurant but I think it's really good. For lunch I had lasagna (my fav) and for dinner I had pork loins. Anyway, so I'm doing great. It's such a surprise to me (both this time and last delivery) at how much pain I don't feel afterwards. I'm uncomfortable a little but feel fine. This time I've had more cramps afterwards than I remember with Lawson. I want to thank the epidural gods for yet another great epidural! Although the epidural guy only gave me one shot of stuff and it started wearing off a few hours later and I was REALLY feeling it and wanted to die. When he finally came back, he gave me the drip, which continually puts stuff into the IV instead of just the one shot. Then I was back in business and feeling great. Next time I'll make sure I get the drip the first time around. Anyone else out there who is having a baby, ask for the drip! :) So I was really numbed up and couldn't feel my left leg at all. It was the weirdest thing. I tried with all my might to move it but nothing would happen. It took about 3 hours or more for the thing to wear off. With the move from the delivery room to the recovery room, I somehow got motion sickness. I got all set in my new bed (via the nurse and Tyson pulling and pushing me until I was situated) and had the urge to puke. Tyson grabbed the garbage can but not in time. The nurse had to come in and change my newly-changed gown, pillowcases, and sheet. I've felt fine ever since though. :) My mom got here a couple of hours after the birth and she'll be staying with us awhile. I'm grateful for wonderful family and friends.



Ok, enough about me. Makayla will be staying the night in the NICU for observation. We are going to go up and see her in a few minutes. I saw her shortly after the delivery for only seconds and I've seen some pictures and that's about it. It's kinda weird to be in my room with no baby. I don't feel nervous or anxious about her being there. It seems they're doing it for precautionary reasons and there's no significant chance of complications. The night I stayed here with Lawson I had him sleep in the room with me and it was a terrible night for me. I kept worrying that he was going to stop breathing or something so I kept waking up to check on him. He was fine and didn't cry much but I was just nervous. This time around, I was debating on whether or not to have Makayla stay with me or keep her in the nursery. The decision has been made for me. :) I hope I can sleep well tonight. We are going to go see Makayla so I will update in a few.

Ok, got back from seeing my baby. She is so tiny and precious and sweet and perfect! She's got an oxygen tube on her nose and a small tube down her throat to suck stuff out. I guess she swallowed a lot of poop before she came out. She seems to be doing good. We didn't have the chance to talk to her nurse so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll take no news as good news. I can't wait for her to be able to come down. I'll post more later.

4 comments:

Tami Farrer said...

I am so happy for you. It is nice in the NICU they take really good care of them. I am glad to hear you are doing good. Take care and get the rest.

Shayla said...

she is adorable. Glad you are okay. Hopefully she gets to come home soon!

Natalie said...

She's here!! YAY! So happy for you guys!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! She's adorable!!!! We are so happy for you guys!