Sunday, August 02, 2009

NEW JOB!!!

So Tyson FINALLY got a job! His position at his old job at the BYU warehouse was filled for the summer when we went to Texas for his externship. He figured he would be able to come back to Utah afterwards and find something for the rest of the summer and then return to his old job when school started back up. He has applied to about 30 jobs ranging in law-related to telemarketing with absolutely no luck! He applied to a Law firm in Alpine, Utah a few days ago. The attorney called him the next day and interviewed him a little bit and said he would get back to him. He told Tyson he had posted the job the day before and had about 15 applicants already. We weren't too hopeful. Yesterday Tyson got a call and was offered the job! The attorney was really happy he spoke Spanish and was really happy he could start right away. There's a lot of Spanish speakers they have so Tyson will be working mostly with them. It's a very small firm- only 3 attorneys and I think Tyson is really happy about that. He will be working full-time until school starts and then about 15-20 hours when school begins. We are sooooo grateful for employment and I think Tyson is really looking forward to this new experience. I don't know what I will do with myself while he's gone to work. We've been together just about 24/7 since school has been out. We don't argue or get after each other at all! ha ha!

5 comments:

Sam said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I hope he enjoys it :) Thanks again for taking care of our place. I really appreciate it.

Justina Selim said...

That is so exciting! That will be nice to have the income during the school year too!

JC and Jena said...

YAY!! That is so great! What a relief!

Natalie said...

Yay! How exciting! That is great news! :)

Pluperfect said...

I'm an Oblad living in Jerusalem. I googled Oblad and found your blog. My "real" name is Gayle Oblad Brown