Sunday, February 21, 2010

What a Week!!


This past week, Tyson had his week-long break for the semester (his last one ever!). It's a good opportunity for the law students to interview and things like that. Anyway, Tyson got a call for an interview in Pocatello at a small firm he applied to. He scheduled during his break so we could come stay in Idaho Falls a couple of days, have the interview, and then go back home. He had his interview, which was supposed to last only 20 minutes and ended up being just over an hour. He felt good about it and should hear back within a month's time if they want a second interview. On our way to get dinner afterwards, he got a call from the agency in Seattle he had his interview with the week before. They wanted a second interview! The guy gave him a few different days to choose from and Tyson said he would check his schedule and flights and get back to him. The next day was Wednesday and we were planning on going back to Provo. Tyson had the fantastic idea that since we were in Idaho already and my parents were willing to watch our kids, that he would try and get his interview for later that week! He called the guy that morning and left a message. We waited around all day for a call back to know whether we were going to Seattle or back to Provo. Finally about 4:00 the guy called back and said Friday would be great to interview. We had packed our stuff by then and were on the road at about 5 with a hotel booked in Boise, which is 4 hours away. We were able to leave the little rugrats behind! It was a great trip and my mom batteries are recharged! We found our Boise hotel on priceline for only $50 and our Seattle hotel for $40 a night! We stayed in Seattle 2 nights. Tyson had his hour long interview with 3 people in the room interviewing him and said he felt good about how he did. We won't find out about this job until about May though, which will kill me, I'm sure- all the waiting! We did a lot of driving around and seeing the city as well as the surrounding cities. The place is BEAUTIFUL! I lived there for the first few years of my life while my dad was in dental school. I don't remember much, but have fallen in love with it. There's tons to do and it's gorgeous! There were already blossoms on a lot of the trees! It was about 50 degrees the whole time we were there! Housing seems to be pretty expensive, which is a downer but I would love to live there. We left Saturday morning and stayed in Boise for only $35! Thank you priceline.com! It was such a fun, spontaneous trip and WONDERFUL without kids! Many thanks to my family!



One thing I must include- we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner one night in Seattle. We sat down and got ordered and everything and the hostess seats a black couple right next to us. Tyson kept mouthing something to me and I couldn't figure out what he was trying to say. He then started singing under his breath "I like big butts and I cannot lie..." then mouthed "Sir Mix-A-Lot," who is the rapper that raps the big butts song. He quickly googled on his phone a picture of him, who looked a lot like the man sitting next to us! We were trying to figure out if it was him when a guy came up to him and asked if he was Sir Mix-A-Lot. The guy said he was and the fan shook his hand. We tried sneaking a picture with Tyson's phone but it didn't turn out very well. Tyson really wanted a picture of him, so right before we left, Tyson asked if he could get his picture with him. Apparently, Tyson told a friend that he was going to look for Sir Mix-A-Lot on his trip to Seattle because he's from there. Tyson told him that and said when he saw him come sit next to him, Tyson about fell off his chair!

Anyway, we had a great time and hope these interviews will turn out to be beneficial for us! We're grateful for them!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Haha that is so cool! I love this post, so many awesome things! I love Seattle too, so you would definitely love it if you moved there. I hope it all goes perfect for you guys!

Sarah Steele said...

So our plan is to move to Seattle. Not gonna lie. That would be amazing if we ended up there together! Only we would have to try and see each other more often :-)

Hannah S said...

Way to go! I hope you move to Seattle. It is gorgeous. We visited once and fell in love. What an eventful week. I hope at least one turns out for the best for you guys!

Congrats on your pregnancy. I didn't know for sure until tonight at the cupcake thing. Yay!

Anna said...

holla! that is awesome!
Congrats to you guys on the interviews... NOW if it were me...I would go with POcatello. No reason.
Miss you.
And I loved the post above. Lawson is hilarious.
When are you due?
My bridal shower will be on May 15. Really want to see you!!