Saturday, July 17, 2010

Texas Creatures

Moving from one climate-type to another, I was nervous about the creatures I would encounter (ie- roaches and spiders). I have been a little surprised at the things I've seen so far. One night I came home from the grocery store. I walked up to the front door and to my surprise was a frog sitting on the front door! He was so cute!

A week or so ago, I walked down our half gravel driveway to get the mail. I noticed something moving on the ground. I wasn't sure what it was but it had claws and what I thought was a lobster tail. It was on its hind legs with its claws open ready to fight. I came back to the house and told Tyson that there was a lobster in our driveway! He laughed and went out to see what it was. He came back in and told me it was a crawfish. Aren't fish supposed to be in water? :)

A couple of nights ago Tyson and I were sitting in the livingroom with the lights off watching tv. I saw something out of the corner of my eye moving on the wall. I looked over and saw it move again. I told Tyson who jumped up and turned the light on. It was a lizard!! On our wall!! It was just a little gecko who ran like the dickens. Lawson was still trying to go to sleep so I went in there and told him to come see the lizard. The 3 of us finally caught the little guy after about 5 minutes and then threw him out onto the grass.

I'm hoping this is the extent of the "creatures" I will come across. I can't handle big spiders and gross roaches, although I have seen a couple of cocroaches. Bleh!

4 comments:

Trenholms said...

I hate to inform you, this is only the beginning...! Just be thankful you haven't seen tarantulas, rattlesnakes, or scorpions yet! But you'll be ok. lol.

Trenholms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisa said...

having grown up in Texas I can tell you, just wait - eekkk! I have killed more roaches then anyone should have to. That is one of the main reasons I don't think I could move back to Texas....sigh....I do miss Texas though!

Sam said...

that would terrify me. yuck yuck and yuck. I found a snake in my backyard the other day though :) I'll call sometime this week... my sis leaves tomorrow and I'm just trying to get us back on a schedule. miss you :)