Saturday, August 07, 2010

Real World...

Tyson took the 3-day Bar exam last week! He won't find out his score until Oct/Nov sometime. So we get to play the waiting game some more BUT no more studying!!! It's been so nice. He started his first full-time work week. He's working with another BYU graduate (3 years ago) who started this firm around this past December. Right now they are focusing their energy on immigration law, which is easy to start out on and Dallas is a good place for it. Neither of them have much experience in it so they're learning as they go. I think it's a lot of paperwork so it's easy to learn. Tyson is loving it. This weekend they are at a hispanic chamber of commerce convention and have a booth to get more clients. Tyson has been interested in immigration law since his mission (southern Texas) and is way happy to be in Texas doing it! So now that Tyson isn't in school anymore and isn't studying, I feel like we are officially in the real world! I guess maybe once we start paying back student loans, then it will be more "real world."

I've started to try and take this baby weight plus more off. I'm embarrassed to say that I lost 15 lbs after I had Porter only to turn around and gain 23 lbs-- it's all the delicious Texas food, especially barbeque and Blue Bell ice cream! So far this week I've lost 3 lbs. I have 70 lbs to lose to get to wedding day weight and then 20 lbs to get to the ultimate goal. I have a LONG road ahead! Hopefully by this time next year I'll be there! I've always wanted to run a race so I have a goal to run a 5K. I've been using this website to train. I've read things that say that you shouldn't run any kind of race until you have 6 months of running under your belt so I may wait until Spring to run one. I wanted to run one this Fall so we'll see. Anyway, wish me luck on my battle of the bulge! I will occasionally update my progress.

We are getting a bit more used to life in Texas. I still really miss my family and friends and nice grass. It's hard to have ward friends 15 minutes away- I'm still trying to adjust to that but we are doing well nonetheless. I will get some pictures posted soon.

1 comments:

Sam said...

Cheers to the "real world", losing weight and being happy... I'm reading a book called the Happiness Project. I might send it your way when I'm done. I think we both would like it. Miss you.